- About usNanotechnology oriented company
- IITItalian Institute of Technology
- Our TeamMultidisciplinary team
- Our LabState-of-the-Art Characterization techniques
HiQ-Nano is a nanotechnology oriented company arisen from Italian Institute of Technology, focused on the design, fabrication and characterization of high-quality nanoparticles.
The company exploits its strong scientific expertise in nanofabrication, nanobiotechnology and material science to satisfy the demanding needs of both academic research and industrially oriented applications.
HiQ-Nano provides highly monodispersed and stable nanoparticles, with a low batch-to-batch variability, accurately characterized for their shape, size distribution, charge, and agglomeration state.
Our mission is to guarantee excellent nanoparticles and related technologies to our clients, allowing researchers and industries to face with the exceptional properties of nanomaterials.
The Foundation is intended to promote Italy’s technological development and advanced education, consistent with national policies for scientific and technological development, thus strengthening the national production system.
For this purpose the Foundation:
- helps and accelerates the development, within the national research system, of scientific and technological skills able to facilitate state of the art technological advancements of the national production system;
- develops innovative methods and know-how, in order to facilitate new high-level practices and positive competitive mechanisms in the field of national research;
- promotes and develops scientific and technological excellence, both directly, through its multi-disciplinary research laboratories, and indirectly, through a wide collaboration with national and international laboratories and research teams;
- carries out advanced training programs as a part of wider multi-disciplinary projects and programs;
- fosters a culture based on sharing and valuing results, to be used in order to improve production and for welfare-related purposes, both internally and in relation to the entire national research system;
- creates technological understanding about components, methods, processes and techniques to be used for the implementation and interconnection of innovative products and services, in strategic areas for the competitiveness of the national production system;
- pools research scientists operating in various research institutes and establishes cooperation agreements with high-level, specialized centers;
- promotes interactions between basic research and applied research facilities, encouraging experimental development;
- spreads transparent, merit-based selection mechanisms for research scientists and projects, in compliance with globally approved and established criteria.
The team is composed of highly skilled people with strong and multidisciplinary expertise in nanofabrication, nanobiotechnology and material science.
For a long time they faced with the problem of obtaining high quality nanoparticles with proper size, shape, surface chemistry and agglomeration state, in order to study and exploit the exciting physicochemical properties of nanomaterials.
During their scientific activity they were able to overcome these technical challenges by developing new synthetic routes and multiple characterization techniques.
For this reason, they are able now to satisfy the demanding needs of both academic research and industrially oriented applications thanks to the long experience in the nanotechnology field recorded by publications, patents and international project with academic and industrial partners.read more
The mission of HiQ-Nano is to provide precisely engineered and highly characterized Nanoparticles. For these reasons, our laboratory is equipped with the state of the art characterization techniques for Nanoparticles analysis.
Each batch provided to the final customer is extensively characterized by:
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS)
- UV/Visible spectroscopy
- Zeta Potential
- Inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES)
- Asymmetric Field Flow Fractionation (AFFF)